Rules and regulations
- All participants must register and upload the video files no later than April 1, 2021.
- Copy of the passport or any other documents verifying the date of birth of the contestant must be sent to: email@example.com
- All participants may submit one or multiple entries. The number of entries per contestant will be based on a first-come, first-served basis and it is limited to the amount of available performance time.
- Contestants required to upload videos files that have been filmed between October 1, 2020, and April 1, 2021. The body of the dancer(s) must be clearly and fully visible throughout the filming at all times.
- NO special effects allowed in the footage. NO shooting up close or side shooting allowed. Only front view footage is accepted. The video must be done in one recording shot and not multiple recordings edited together.
- All contestants performing Classical choreography (Solos, Pas de Deux, Ensemble) may compete with footage filmed in the dance studio or on stage, with or without costumes. Contestants performing Contemporary choreography (Solo, Duet, Ensemble) may upload the footage filmed in any space, indoor or outdoor with or without costumes.
- Studio, school, company logos are allowed in dancers’ videos.
- The size of each uploaded video file should not exceed 120MB
Please label your video files as follow:
For the Classical Solo, Pas de Deux, Contemporary Solo & Duet categories:
Classical Solo/Pas de Deux/Contemporary Solo/Duet – Dancer(s): Fist Name, Last Name (Age) – Title – Choreographer – Country – Running Time
For all Classical category name of the choreographer is optional.
For all Contemporary category name of the choreographer is required.
For the Ensemble category:
Ensemble – Title – School/Company Name – Country – Running Time
All payments should be made online using a major credit card, or via bank transfer, by request only.
- Competitors will be judged by an international Jury based on 100-point system
- Competitors will be judged on technical and artistic skills.
- The Sibiu Dance Competition will run in two rounds. All entries advanced to the final round will be live broadcast on April 16th -17th.
- Male and female participants will be judged together. In case, more than 6 Male Dancers participate in Classical Solo category, they will be judged and awarded separately.
- The jury reserves the right to withhold or to divide, among several competitors, any awards based on the final score of the contestants.
- Decisions of the jury are final and without appeal
- The jury of SDC reserves the right not to award all of the announced prizes.
- The Award Ceremony will be held virtually on April 18th.
If you have any questions or in need an assistance, do not hesitate to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: The competition reserves the right to close the registration process earlier, before the deadline of 01 April 2021, if the number of competitors for each category reached a maximum capacity.